Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blueberry Crumb Tart

Blueberry Crumb Tart - ButterYum
I love blueberries, I love tarts, I love blueberry tarts!

Nope, I wouldn't dream of baking a cake or tart without this stuff.

Love my rectangular tart pan. 

Simple ingredients. 

Whisk-whisk. 

Freshly grated nutmeg is about 1000 times better than the pre-ground stuff. 

Flavorful flecks of deliciousness. 

Blueberries!! 

Mmm... hot out of the oven. 

Want some? 



Blueberry Crumb Tart
makes one 4x14-inch tart
Printable Recipe

Crust and Crumb Topping:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces


Filling:

1 3/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 large egg
1/3 cup sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

pinch fine salt
10-12 gratings of fresh nutmeg (about 1/8 teaspoon)

Preheat oven to 325F.  Spray tart pan with oil/flour baking spray.  In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt.  Use a pastry cutter to "cut in" the butter until the mixture resembled coarse meal (the butter pieces should be the size of small pebbles).  Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture and reserve it for the topping.  Press crust mixture into prepared tart pan.  Place tart pan on a sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.  Remove from oven and prepare filling.

To prepare the filling, whisk together all the filling ingredients except for the blueberries until combined.  Stir in the blueberries and pour into prebaked tart crust; sprinkle reserved topping evenly on top.  Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.  Cool completely before serving.  





Recipe adapted from Collecting Recipes
being shared at wow us wednesday

16 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious and so easy. I think I have all those ingredients on hand. I may just have to make this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color!! Packed with blueberries me thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks, and sounds, amazing!! I've never grated my own nutmeg - I NEED to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without question :). It's stronger than pre-ground so taste carefully.

      Delete
  4. this tart looks amazing! i love the post. i have a purple tulip at my desk that i'm looking at right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second that, I want some, too...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, Bakers Joy is invaluable! Your blueberry tart looks phenomenal...and I love baking in my rectangular tart pan, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fabulous. You have presented the step by step, and the final presentation so beautifully. And those tulips...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very useful article for the readers, especially for me thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia, just letting you know that your link to Food on Friday: Soup was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks absolutely delicious and beautiful! Your recipes look wonderful! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!